Bydgoszcz Musical Impressions
Website of the Youth Center in Bydgoszcz
The Bydgoszcz Musical Impressions are the meeting of artistically talented youth from all over the world.
The idea of the festival is to create good conditions and a friendly atmosphere for the presentation of artistic achievements of participants from different cultural areas and to integrate youth through playing music together, having fun and restinpg in a creative way
Aims of the event:
- multifarious presentation and confrontation of artistic achievements of vocal, instrumental and dance groups
- dissemination of Polish music
- popularization of customs and national traditions
- making artistic contacts, exchanging experiences
- creative and active rest of young people
- promoting the city and the region in Poland and the world
Organizers of XXXX Bydgoszcz Musical Impressions
- The Youth Centre “Pałac Młodzieży” in Bydgoszcz
- The Association of Friends of Pałac Młodzieży in Bydgoszcz “PAŁAC”
Place and time:
- The XXXX Bydgoszcz Musical Impressions will be held in Bydgoszcz from July 29th June-4th July, 2017.
The participants of the XXXX BIM can be youth groups with significant artistic achievements- prize winners of national and international festivals:
- instrumental groups
- vocal and instrumental groups
- jazz and popular music groups
- folkloristic groups
- old music groups
- other forms (rock bands for example)
- concerts in Bydgoszcz and the region
- international workshops for choirs and vocal groups
- international workshops for orchestras and instrumental groups
- national meetings of the participating bands
- integrating events ( a parade, a bonfire, a disco)
- sightseeing in Bydgoszcz and the region
- recreation (a swimming pool, a gymnasium, trips at the discretion of the groups)
Conditions of participation:
- Number of performers - from 3 to 40 people (excluding instructors).
The organizers provide the groups with the full board and accommodation from June, 29th -4th July, 2017.
- The accreditation fee is €60 or 260 PLN for each participant and should be paid on the day of arrival, the carers (2 people) and the drivers (2 people) do not pay the fee.
- The cost of two – way travelling to Bydgoszcz will be for the participants’own account. During the festival the organizers will support the bands with means of transport for the instruments and costumes.
- Each group should have a repertoire lasting at least 30 minutes including open air stage performance
- The use of playback or half–playback is forbidden
- The repertoire cannot be changed without previous consent of Artistic Council
A pre-payment of 30% of the accreditation fee ought to be paid until April 30th, 2017.
Bank account no:
SWIFT CODE PKOPPLPW
IBAN PL 54124034931111001067329044
Owner: Stowarzyszenie Przyjaciół Pałacu Młodzieży w Bydgoszczy „PAŁAC”
The lack of the advance payment results in excluding a group from the program of the festival.
The pre-payment is not returned in case of resignation.
The organizers of the festival invite all participants to take part in the 39th Bydgoszcz Musical Impressions in which the bands will be competing to win one of the following main prizes:
- GRAND PRIX
- Prize of the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage.
Moreover the organizers expect other prizes of local authorities and sponsors.
Conditions of competition:
- The preparation of a repertoire lasting from 15 to 30 minutes.
- Each group must include at least one piece by a Polish composer in their program*
- The presentation of programs should be done continuously (without breaks) at one time
- The participants cannot be older than 25; in case of folkloristic groups the age limit does not concern the band (instrument players)
The Artistic Council is the decisive body as to the qualification of the participants.
* The organizers send you suggestions of pieces by Polish composers at the participant’s request. For folkloristic groups it can be an instrumental or vocal-instrumental version of the song of BIM - the score is available in www.bim.palac.bydgoszcz.pl.
Areas that are going to be judged are:
- the selection of the repertoire
- the stylistic diversity
- the expression of the performance
- the overal artistic expressio
The judgements will be made by the Artistic Council designated by organizers.
The application must be filled in and delivered by March 1st, 2017.
The following materials must be also sent in together with the entry form:
- a DVD of the repertoire of the competition- the repertoire cannot be changed
- detailed information about the group (for promotional purposes)
- two valid photo of the band *JPG format to: email@example.com
Information about admitting the group will be sent at the address of the group by March, 31st, 2017.
We ask you to fill in all the blanks on the entry form very precisely and legibly (in print). The Artistic Council will not take into account the application unless all the materials are sent in. No materials will be returned.
The application form is available in www.bim.palac.bydgoszcz.pl.
International Choral and Instrumental Workshops
The International Workshops (for choirs, vocal groups, instrumental groups and orchestras) taking part in the competition will take place during the 39th BMI.
The detailed schedule of the workshops will be presented after the qualification for the groups taking part in the competition.
The repertoire, prepared together, will be presented during the gala concert.
- All the groups taking part in the competition will receive the diplomas of participation and the Silver String of the Bydgoszcz Musical Impressions.
- All the participants are obliged to know the song of festival “Swing the World with the Song” - the score is available in www.bim.palac.bydgoszcz.pl
- The groups admitted to the XXXX Bydgoszcz Musical Impressions take part in the concerts and all the other festival events according to the program.
- The groups are obliged to fulfill all the requirements and to keep the deadlines for obtaining visas as well as other travel documents.
- Full board and accommodation in school dormitories from July 29th June - 4th July, 2017 is included in the accreditation fee. On individual requests we are able to provide hotel-standard accommodation which is going to take some additional costs (+€160 or 650 PLN).
- The organizers guarantee the first – aid medical attention but all the participants of XXXX. BIM are obliged to have the insurance of surgical treatment costs.
- The organizers reserve the right to the free recording of the performances of the groups for documentary and promotional purposes.
- The organizers reserve the right to change the course of the festival.
23.03.2017 © Youth Center in Bydgoszcz