The Bydgoszcz Musical Impressions are the meeting of artistically talented youth from all over the world.
The idea of the festival is to create good conditions and a friendly atmosphere for the presentation of artistic achievements of participants from different cultural areas and to integrate youth through playing music together, having fun and resting in a creative way.
Aims of the event:
- multifarious presentation and confrontation of artistic achievements of vocal, instrumental and dance groups
- dissemination of Polish music
- popularization of customs and national traditions
- making artistic contacts, exchanging experiences
- creative and active rest of young people
- promoting the city and the region in Poland and the world
Organizers of 41st Bydgoszcz Musical Impressions
- The Youth Centre “Pałac Młodzieży” in Bydgoszcz
- The Association of Friends of Pałac Młodzieży in Bydgoszcz “PAŁAC”
Place and time:
- The Bydgoszcz Musical Impressions will be held in Bydgoszcz from 28th June - 3th July, 2018.
The participants of the BIM can be youth groups with significant artistic achievements- prize winners of national and international festivals:
- instrumental groups
- vocal and instrumental groups
- jazz and popular music groups
- folkloristic groups
- old music groups
- other forms (rock bands for example)
Terms and conditions for participation in the festival:
- Number of performers - from 3 to 40 people (excluding instructors).
The organizers provide the groups with the full board and accommodation from June, 28th - 3th July, 2018.
- The accreditation fee is €65 or 280 PLN for each participant and should be paid on the day of arrival, the carers (2 people) and the drivers (2 people) do not pay the fee.
- The cost of two – way travelling to Bydgoszcz will be for the participants’own account. During the festival the organizers will support the bands with means of transport for the instruments and costumes.
- Each group should have a repertoire lasting at least 30 minutes including open air stage performance
- The use of playback or half–playback is forbidden (in the case of competition ensembles)
- The repertoire cannot be changed without previous consent of Artistic Council
A pre-payment of 30% of the accreditation fee ought to be paid until May 5th , 2018.
Bank account no:
SWIFT CODE PKOPPLPW
IBAN PL 54124034931111001067329044
Owner: Stowarzyszenie Przyjaciół Pałacu Młodzieży w Bydgoszczy „PAŁAC”
The lack of the advance payment results in excluding a group from the program of the festival.
The pre-payment is not returned in case of resignation.
- concerts in Bydgoszcz and the region
- international workshops for choirs and vocal groups
- international workshops for orchestras and instrumental groups
- national meetings of the participating bands
- integrating events ( a parade, a bonfire, a disco)
- sightseeing in Bydgoszcz and the region
- recreation (a swimming pool, a gymnasium, trips at the discretion of the groups)
As the organizers we would like to invite you to take part in the 41st BMI competition.
Conditions of competition:
- The preparation of a repertoire lasting from 15 to 30 minutes (live music only)
- Each group must include at least one piece by a Polish composer in their program*
- The presentation of programs should be done continuously (without breaks) at one time
- The participants cannot be older than 25; in case of folkloristic groups the age limit does not concern the band (instrument players)
The Artistic Council is the decisive body as to the qualification of the participants.
* The organizers send you suggestions of pieces by Polish composers at the participant’s request. For folkloristic groups it can be an instrumental or vocal-instrumental version of the song of BIM - the score is available in www.bim.palac.bydgoszcz.pl.
- GRAND PRIX
- Prize of the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage.
Moreover the organizers expect other prizes of local authorities and sponsors.
Areas that are going to be judged are:
- the selection of the repertoire
- the stylistic diversity
- the expression of the performance
- the overal artistic expressio
- The judgements will be made by the Artistic Council designated by organizers.
The application must be filled in and delivered by March 1st, 2018.
The following materials must be also sent in together with the entry form:
- a DVD of the repertoire of the competition - the repertoire cannot be changed
- detailed information about the group (for promotional purposes)
- two valid photo of the band *JPG format to: email@example.com
Information about admitting the group will be sent at the address of the group by March, 31st, 2018.
We ask you to fill in all the blanks on the entry form very precisely and legibly (in print). The Artistic Council will not take into account the application unless all the materials are sent in. No materials will be returned.
The application form is available in www.bim.palac.bydgoszcz.pl.
International Choral and Instrumental Workshops
The International Workshops (for choirs, vocal groups, instrumental groups and orchestras) taking part in the competition will take place during the 41st BIM.
The detailed schedule of the workshops will be presented after the qualification for the groups taking part in the competition.
The repertoire, prepared together, will be presented during the gala concert.
- All the groups taking part in the competition will receive the diplomas of participation and the Silver String of the Bydgoszcz Musical Impressions.
- All the participants are obliged to know the song of festival “Swing the World with the Song” - the score is available in www.bim.palac.bydgoszcz.pl
- The groups admitted to the Bydgoszcz Musical Impressions take part in the concerts and all the other festival events according to the program.
- The groups are obliged to fulfill all the requirements and to keep the deadlines for obtaining visas as well as other travel documents.
- Full board and accommodation in school dormitories from July 28th June - 3th July, 2018 is included in the accreditation fee. On individual requests we are able to provide hotel-standard accommodation which is going to take some additional costs (+€160 or 650 PLN).
- The organizers guarantee the first – aid medical attention but all the participants of BIM are obliged to have the insurance of surgical treatment costs.
- The organizers reserve the right to the free recording of the performances of the groups for documentary and promotional purposes.
The organizers reserve the right to change the course of the festival.